Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Violent crime and politics

I usually try to not get on a roll with regards to politics but....

This a.m. on the way to work I heard some statistics on the radio that made me laugh. They are no way funny, but the way it was stated was.
"it is reported that every 23 seconds a violent crime is committed in the US"......this just in violent crime is now down 1. something percent....that means that every 22.5 seconds a violent crime is committed in the US. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

This is a real political pet peave for me. I want to know when is our government, judicial sytem, cops, the people going to do something about crime? It's a no brainer to me. The criminals in the prisons are treated as if they still have rights...what happened to if you break the law...you loose your civil rights. How is reduction in funding of schools and building more prisons the answer?

I cannot afford to send my daughter to college, and I have worked since I was 18 and am better off than a lot of people, but there are criminals getting free education and they call it reabilitation. PLEASE.

I don't have all of the answers but I marvel at the things I read and hear and I have zero tolerance for repeat offenders of anything....a dog bites someone and it's ordered to be killed. At one time the punishment for poaching was harsher than a punishment for rape and molestation.

I applaud the guy who is tenting his prisoners! If prison wasn't an alright place to be, we wouldn't have so many people taking the risks of committing a crime and ending up there!

3 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger ~*~*~*~*~ said...

Boy I bet THAT post felt good didn't it? GREAT post!!!! Whooo Hoooooo

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger ~*~*~*~*~ said...

Awww isn't this special... Two families from across the U.S. blending in the Blogosphere :)

Glad to see you found your way over here Cracker :)

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Thanks guys for welcoming me into your blogging community.
Chris, you are so right..venting this style seems so much more therapeutic, and reading about what others have to say is refreshing also.
and Gayla, you warned me about the addiction..it's a good one though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home